Friday, October 8, 2010

Zwolle

Zwolle. A pretty city in the middle of the Netherlands. i had to go there for my visa. The town is surrounded by a huge moat :) with willow trees and a water fountain. Historically the moat was used because the Dutch had a monopoly on the trade market and Zwolle was the HQ amongst the other co operating towns ('Stavoren was in it too!' haha. my host mum always adds that part)
The shopping was also amazing. not only were there heaps of cutesy cafes and eateries but they had tons of fancy boutiques that my host mum bought the nicest clothes from as well as my stores. H&M, Hema, Bristol, The Sting and London.  Amazing clothes for cheap :) my kind of heaven haha.
This green man was in the centre of the old city square. He either wasnt there when i got back of they have more than one old city square haha :) knowing me. its the later. My host mum and i felt pretty guilty after our day out in Zwolle. Instead of coming home to work we had fun shopping and chatting and drinking coffee. i could get used to this european lifestyle!